2019 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 EPS LE
- Powerful performance: The ultimate side-by-side needs plenty of power, so the Pioneer 1000-5 EPS LE is built around a 999 cc fuel-injected twin-cylinder engine with our famed four-valve Unicam cylinder head.
- Smart transmission: Honda's fully automatic six-speed Dual-Clutch Transmission senses how you're riding, monitoring throttle input, engine rpm, vehicle speed and more. Going downhill? The Pioneer stays in a lower gear for superior engine braking. If you want to choose a specific gear, upshift or downshift yourself in demanding conditions or even override the automatic gear selection, the twin paddle-type shifters make it easy and fun. And of course, there are no belts to worry about.
- New Intelligent 4WD: The Pioneer 1000-5 EPS LE includes a suite of stability assist features designed to make your ride safer, easier and more fun. Using technology developed for cars and trucks, I-4WD includes Brake Traction Control System (BTCS), Hill Start Assist (HSA), and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD). When I-4WD is engaged using the dashboard-mounted lever, BTCS applies additional drive to the tire with more grip, providing better traction without the heavy feel of a differential lock. On-the-fly engagement via an illuminated switch allows for instant response when needed. For more on HSA and EBD, see the Chassis & Suspension section.
- Turf mode: In addition to 2WD and I-4WD, the Pioneer 1000-5 EPS LE features a Turf mode that's perfect for sensitive surfaces like grass fields, or for easier steering.
- Clean air flow: The engine's air intake is located up high and under the hood to help ensure a clean air supply. The new viscous air-filter element flows air well for increased performance, and also provides a longer service interval.
- Reduced vibration: The rubber-mounted engine and exhaust system insulates you from annoying vibration, adding to the Pioneer 1000-5 EPS LE's superb comfort.
- Hill Start Assist: Getting going when you're stopped on a hill can be a bit of an adventure - particularly when towing or carrying a load. That's why the Pioneer 1000-5 EPS LE comes standard with Hill Start Assist. Activated with a dash-mounted button, HSA automatically maintains sufficient brake pressure so you can move your foot to the gas pedal and you're under way. No more need to two-foot it when climbing hills.
- Smooth steering: Honda's automotive-style Electric Power Steering lessens steering effort and helps eliminate bump steer, especially over rocks, logs and on sidehills. Plus, a tilt steering wheel lets you find a position that's just right for you.
- Fox suspension: The LE's premium Fox shocks combine with generous travel from the independent front and rear suspensions to assure a smooth, well-controlled ride with plenty of ground clearance.
- Improved handling: When you fill the two rear seats or put a bigger load in the Pioneer 1000-5 EPS LE's bed, the rear suspension automatically senses the weight increase and adjusts the ride height to compensate. This maintains ground clearance and maximizes handling and comfort when loaded.
- Superior stopping power: With a side-by-side this powerful and capable, you need brakes that are up to the job, too. Honda's extensive automotive experience means you know the all-wheel disc brake system is up to the task.
- Aluminum wheels: The Pioneer 1000-5 EPS LE comes standard with large 27-inch tires on 12-inch aluminum wheels for better ride comfort, improved ground clearance and superior traction.
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution: The Pioneer 1000-5 EPS LE's Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) system helps to increase braking performance while also improving vehicle stability. Using technology perfected in Honda cars and trucks, EBD provides automatic proportioning of front and rear braking force even with changing loads, and prevents the rear wheels locking up before the front wheels.
- Versatile seating: The Pioneer 1000-5 EPS LE gives you the ultimate in seating options. In addition to the comfortable three-passenger contoured bench seat up front, the bed incorporates a pair of seats that flip up or fold down independently in seconds. Up, they provide secure seating for one or two additional passengers; down, you get a flat cargo bed for utility use. We've made the seats even more comfortable for 2017.
- Powerful towing: You can load a full half-ton (1,000 lb) into the bed of the Pioneer 1000-5 EPS LE. And when it's time to unload, the bed's hydraulic-assisted tilting feature makes dumping firewood, gravel, feed or other items easy. And because it's able to tow a full ton (907 kg/2,000 lb) - with an even stronger hitch mount for 2017 - the Pioneer 1000-5 EPS LE can take on big jobs that otherwise would require a tractor or a truck.
- Secure design: The Occupant Protection Structure uses large-diameter tubing and includes integrated handholds, recessed top tubes and a more spacious structure to enhance protection. Hard doors and roll-up side nets provide a secure feel and keep mud and debris out of the cabin, while automotive-style three-point belts with an Emergency Locking Retractor mechanism help keep everyone secure. New for 2017, a speed limiter prevents travel faster than 24 km/h if it detects that a seat belt isn't being worn.
- Intuitive display: The Pioneer 1000-5 EPS LE features deluxe, multi-function LCD instrumentation that displays fuel level, engine speed (rpm), vehicle speed, tripmeter, odometer, a clock, gear position and much more.
- Terrific visibility: LED headlights provide excellent nighttime illumination.
- Take it with you: Ample storage space under the seat and under the dash gives you extra room to stash all your gear. The LE even includes handy rear cupholders.
- Easy add-ons: The Pioneer 1000-5 EPS LE is already pre-wired to make adding an optional winch a snap, and a host of other accessories allow you to fully tailor your Pioneer to your specific needs.
- Extra protection: Aluminum A-arm guards and an aluminum skid plate help to protect your Pioneer from bumps and bruises during your off-road adventures.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled longitudinally mounted Unicam parallel twin-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 999 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 92.0 mm x 75.1 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Valve Train: Unicam, 4 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Fully automatic, six-speed plus reverse Dual-Clutch Transmission with sport mode and manual mode with paddle shifting. High/Low range sub-transmission. Three drive modes include Turf, 2WD, I - 4WD.
- Power Steering: Standard
- Final Drive: Direct front and rear driveshafts. Four drive modes include Turf, 2WD, I - 4WD with Brake Traction Control System (BTS), Hill Start Assist (HAS), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD).
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with FOX QS3 hydraulic shocks; 268 mm (10.55 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with adjustable FOX QS3 hydraulic shocks; 254 mm (10 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 27 x 9 - 14 Rear: 27 x 11 - 14
- Brakes: Front: dual 210 mm hydraulic discsRear: 210 mm hydraulic disc
- Towing Capacity: 907 kg (2,000 lbs.)
- Bed Capacity: 454 kg (1,000 lbs.)
- Length: 2,961 mm (116.6 in.)
- Width: 1,597 mm (62.9 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 310 mm (12.2 in.)
- Seat Height: 841 mm (33.0 in.)
- Wheelbase: 2,036 mm (80.2 in.)
- Curb Weight: 804 kg (1,773 lbs.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 30 litres, including 6.4-litre reserve
- Colour: Matte Stealth Gray Metallic
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
- Engine Type
- Longitudinally mounted Unicam parallel twin-cylinder 4-stroke
- 999 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 92.0 mm x 75.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone with FOX QS3 hydraulic shocks
- Front Brakes
- Dual 210 mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tire
- 27 x 9 - 14
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone with adjustable FOX QS3 hydraulic shocks
- Rear Brakes
- 210 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tire
- 27 x 11 - 14
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 804 kg (1,773 lb.)
- 2,036 mm (80.2 in.)
- Front Travel
- 268 mm (10.55 in.)
- Rear Travel
- 254 mm (10 in.)
- Ground Clearance
- 310 mm (12.2 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 30 L, including 6.4 L reserve
- Box Capacity
- 454 kg (1,000 lb.)
- Towing Capacity
- 907 kg (2,000 lb.)
- Fully automatic, six-speed plus reverse Dual-Clutch Transmission with sport mode and manual mode with paddle shifting. High/Low range sub-transmission. Three drive modes include Turf, 2WD, I - 4WD.
- Drive System
- Direct front and rear driveshafts. Four drive modes include Turf, 2WD, I - 4WD with Brake Traction Control System (BTS), Hill Start Assist (HAS), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD).
- Matte Stealth Gray Metallic
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus