2018 Yamaha YW125JR
The fun loving BWs 125 underwent a significant update in 2016. Not only did we revise the styling, but we also increased the under seat storage capacity, added a digital meter assembly and a rear disc brake. Not stopping there, no pun intended, the front disc brake diameter was increased and we made the cockpit more roomy too. Powered by a fuel injected 125 cc engine, the sporty BWs 125 makes a great urban or suburban commuter.
Engine: Peppy, 125cc, air-cooled (with fan assist), SOHC, 4-valve, 4-stroke engine produces solid, predictable power and excellent fuel economy.
Storage: Ultra-convenient, large 29 litre, locking under seat storage compartment can hold selected full-face helmets or other items such as a laptop computer, rain suit, etc.
Fuel Economy: Fuel consumption of approximately 37kpl/105mpg. Your actual consumption may vary.
- Fuel injected, catalizer equipped 125cc engine
- Fully automatic CVT transmission
- 245 mm front disc with twin piston caliper
- 220 mm rear disc brake
- Digital instrument with tachometer
- Large 29 litre under seat storage compartment
- Preload adjustable rear shocks
- Twin headlights
- 125cc, air-cooled (with fan assist), SOHC, 4-valve, fuel injected, 4-stroke engine produces peppy, easy to use power with excellent fuel economy.
- Fuel consumption rating of approximately 37 kilometers per litre or 105 miles per gallon (imp.). Your actual consumption may vary.
- BWs 125 uses regular 87 octane gasoline.
- Fast, dependable electric starting.
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI): produces a strong spark for fast starts; provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Fan-assisted, air-cooling: maintains consistent engine temperatures even in stop & go traffic
- 4- valve cylinder head: utilizes two intake & two exhaust valves; excellent breathing efficiency & excellent fuel economy
- Roller rocker arm valve actuation: specially designed roller rocker arms reduce friction for increased power; reduce mechanical engine noise for a quiet, enjoyable ride
- Intake & exhaust valves feature a special "carbon cutter" valve stem design: automatically removes carbon build up from the valve stems; maintains maximum engine efficiency & power, even during extended slow speed use; (carbon build up on valve stems can lead to sticky valves & poor performance)
- Lightweight, aluminum cylinder features ceramic composite plating on the cylinder bore: insures uniform heat dissipation; coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
- Wet sump-type oil delivery system with centrifugal oil filtering system: automatically removes any particles found in the oil
- Automatic cam chain tensioner: reduces mechanical engine noise & maintenance time
- Lightweight crankshaft & lightweight "gravity cast" aluminum piston: optimizes engine performance & provides fast throttle response; reduces mechanical vibration; crankshaft utilizes a carburized connecting rod for excellent durability
- 24 mm, "closed loop" throttle body fuel injection system: excellent fuel economy & good throttle response; 6 hole injector optimizes fuel atomization for strong, peppy power; "closed loop system" uses an oxygen sensor to "sniff" spent exhaust & automatically adjusts the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions; fuel injection benefits include choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
- Easy access, dual stage, foam and paper-type air filter is used. Air box design reduces intake noise.
- Fully automatic CVT transmission (CVT = constantly variable transmission): "twist-the-throttle-and-go" operation; no clutch lever or gear shifting involved... the transmission is fully automatic.
- Environmentally responsible exhaust system produces a very quiet exhaust note: muffler contains a honeycomb-style catalytic converter to reduce emissions
- Air induction System (AIS) further reduces exhaust emissions: AIS system injects fresh air into the exhaust to ensure complete fuel combustion; also helps to maximize the function of the catalytic converters
- Rugged "underbone-style" steel frame: makes getting on & off the BW's easy
- Wheelbase, centre of gravity, weight distribution & tire design, have all been engineered to provide light, agile handling & great manoeuvrability.
- 33 mm trailing axle front fork: 78mm (3.1") of wheel travel; rubber fork gaiters / boots extend service life of fork seals & protect inner tubes from chips
- Adjustable, dual shock rear suspension: 80 mm (3.2") of wheel travel; good ride quality; 3 steps of spring preload adjustability allows rider to adjust for load or road conditions
- Rugged, 5-spoke aluminum "mag" wheels with wide, tubeless tires: wide, aggressive, tubeless 120/90-10 tires front & rear; tires well suited for rough, "pot holed" urban roadways; tires provide lots of grip & help create BW's unmistakably fun look
- 245 mm front disc brake with wave style disc & twin piston caliper: "wave style" rotor adds style & increases cooling (more surface area than a round disc); excellent stopping power
- 200 mm rear disc brake with single piston caliper: excellent stopping power
- Both front & rear brakes are hand-operated like on a bicycle... making riding simple and fun.
- Spacious, 29 litre, lockable under seat storage: can hold selected full-face helmets; or everyday commuter items like rain suit, laptop, briefcase, etc.
- Roomy, textured, one piece rider & passenger seat: provides excellent comfort & plenty of room; passenger grab rails for peace of mind
- 6.5 litre fuel tank with locking gas cap: excellent fuel economy means an extended riding range & fewer fill ups; easy access, front fairing mounted, locking gas cap; in tank electric fuel pump
- Multifunction, 3 in 1 main key switch: operates ignition, fork lock & under seat storage lock; special anti-theft "shutter" blocks ignition key hole access to prevent tampering
- Comprehensive, compact, sporty meter assembly: all digital readouts; readouts include; speedo, odometer, tach, trip meter, clock & fuel gauge
- Dual style, 55 watt H1 main headlight with projector style high beam light: excellent illumination & rider visibility; design enhances BW's tough yet sporty styling
- Full-size floorboards & wide front apron: excellent wind & weather protection
- Handy front mounted storage pocket for small items like cell phone or wallet.
- Front mounted folding hook for additional carrying convenience, perfect for bags & handbags
- Rear fender extension reduces road splash
- Sporty hand guards help protect hands from the cold
- Easy-to-use centre stand
- Passenger footpegs
- Easy access oil level dip stick
- Side reflectors enhance visibility
- Low maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
- Engine: 4-stroke, air-cooled (fan assist), SOHC, 4-valve, single
- Displacement: 125 cc
- Bore and Stroke: 52.4 x 57.9mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Maximum Torque: 1.0 kg-m (7 ft-lb.) @ 6,000 rpm
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni 24mm throttle body fuel injection
- Estimated Fuel Consumption±: 44 kpl / 123 mpg (Imp.)
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Ignition / Starting: TCI / Electric Start
- Transmission: Fully Automatic CVT
- Final Drive: V-belt / Spur gear
- Suspension (Front): 33mm fork / 78 mm (3.1 in.) wheel travel
- Suspension (Rear): Adjustable dual shock unit swingarm / 80 mm (3.2 in.) wheel travel
- Brakes (Front): 245mm disc / twin piston caliper
- Brakes (Rear): 200mm disc / single piston caliper
- Tires (Front): 120/70-12
- Tires (Rear): 130/70-12
- Length: 1,910mm (75.2 in.)
- Width: 765mm (30.1 in.)
- Height: 1,125mm (44.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,305mm (51.4 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 125mm (4.9 in.)
- Seat Height: 780mm (30.7 in.)
- Fuel Capacity: 6.5 L (1.4 Imp. gal.)
- Wet Weight: 119kg (262 lb.)
- Maximum Load: 144kg (317.5 lb.)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve, single
- 125 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 52.4 x 57.9mm
- Air-cooled (fan assist)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni 24mm throttle body fuel injection
- Fully Automatic CVT
- Drive System
- V-belt / Spur gear
- Front Suspension
- 33mm fork / 78 mm (3.1 in.) wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- 245mm disc / twin piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Adjustable dual shock unit swingarm / 80 mm (3.2 in.) wheel travel
- Rear Brakes
- 200mm disc / single piston caliper
- Rear Tire
- 29L under seat
- Curb Weight
- 119kg (262 lb.)
- Seat Height
- 780mm (30.7 in.)
- 1,305mm (51.4 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.5 L (1.4 Imp. gal.)