2018 Honda CRF450RX
Freight, PDI, Fees, Tax and License are extra.
Follow link to view applicable fees https://www.kwhonda.com/unitfees
Finance Rates from 2.9%-24mo / 3.9%-36mo / 4.9%-48mo / 5.49%-60mo OAC (Rates available for a limited time only)
- Power to victory: The Unicam engine that powers both the CRF450RX and CRF450R was radically improved in 2017, with more horsepower, more torque, and a higher rev limit. The RX’s engine has special ignition mapping to suit the unique demands of cross-country and endurocross competition.
- New cylinder head: Completely new Unicam cylinder head design uses finger rocker arms, oval cross-section valve springs, bigger intake valves, and increased valve lift to boost horsepower and allow a higher rev limit.
- Improved combustion efficiency: By straightening the intake path, reducing valve angle, and revising both combustion chamber and piston shape, engineers were able to improve flow and increase compression ratio for an even bigger power boost
- Better lubrication: A new scavenge pump system with no separate oil tank improves engine lubrication, reduces friction, and requires less oil for reduced overall engine weight.
- Engine Mode Select button: The CRF450RX’s Engine Mode Select (EMS) system lets you modify fuel-injection and ignition mapping with the simple push of a handlebar-mounted button. Choose between Standard, Smooth and Aggressive to dial in the best power curve for better starts, better drive out of corners, better traction, or simply to better suit your riding style. Mode selection is easily accomplished without changing your hand position or shutting down the engine (as long as the engine is idling).
- Twin to win: The CRF450RX’s twin-muffler exhaust system not only contributes to the engine’s exceptional power characteristics, it’s also positioned tightly to the frame’s centre to take weight off the rear end and optimize mass centralization for improved handling.
- Easy starting: Standard electric start—with the kick-start system still installed as backup—gets you going quickly and effortlessly with the push of a button.
- Special gearing: Transmission ratios and final gearing are unique to the CRF450RX for optimum performance on cross-country and endurocross courses. Extra-strong transmission gears enhance durability while delivering smooth, sure shifts.
- Programmed for power: The CRF450RX’s Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) settings contribute to the engine’s strong low-end torque, remarkable top-end power and generous over-rev capability.
- Light, responsive frame: The CRF450RX’s twin-spar aluminum frame is shared with the CRF450R. It’s light, and its torsional stiffness has been reduced to give you more feedback and to improve turn-in and corner-exit performance, without giving up high-speed stability.
- Precise handling: The CRF450R-spec chassis, with revised swingarm location and centralized rear shock, boasts a lower overall centre of gravity and a shorter wheelbase that contribute to the type of precise handling that carries you to the front and keeps you there.
- Latest Showa fork: Easy to tune to match changing track conditions or your riding style, the CRF450RX’s new Showa coil-spring fork was developed to work in conjunction with the improved chassis for enhanced traction, agility and stability. Settings for both the fork and the shock are unique to the CRF450RX.
- Keeping cool: The front fender and tank shrouds are designed to optimize airflow to the radiators, keeping the engine running at peak efficacy from start to checkered flag.
- Excellent traction: Dunlop AT81 tires—the rear on an 18-inch wheel—offer excellent traction in a wide variety of conditions.
- Larger fuel tank: The CRF450RX’s 8.5-litre plastic fuel tank is larger than the CRF450R’s, providing extra capacity for longer races.
- Enhanced mobility: Smoother CRF450R-spec bodywork was created with fewer edges in 2017 allows you move even more freely in the CRF450RX’s saddle, while improved durability of plastic components and graphics keeps your CRF looking new win after win.
- Convenient sidestand: Need to make a quick on-course pitstop? The standard sidestand means you don’t need to find a nearby tree to keep your CRF450RX upright.
- Easy to adjust: Quick-adjust clutch perch simplifies cable adjustment.
- Reduced rider fatigue: Aluminum handlebar is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- Preventative indicator: The engine stop switch with integrated LED indicator lets you know if the PGM-FI system is working properly.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 449.7 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.5:1
- Valve Train: Unicam, 4 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 46 mm throttle body
- Transmission: Close-ratio, five speed
- Final Drive: #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/50T
- Front Suspension: Showa telescopic inverted coil spring. 305 mm (12 in.) travel.
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® KYB single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed and high-speed; 312 mm (12.3 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 90/90-21 Rear: 120/90-18
- Brakes: Front: 260 mm disc with dual-piston caliper Rear: 240 mm disc
- Ground Clearance: 328 mm (12.9 in.)
- Seat Height: 959 mm (37.8 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,477 mm (58.1 in.)
- Curb Weight: 118.2 kg (260.6 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 8.5 L
- Colour: Extreme Red
- Warranty: No warrranty
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder 4-stroke
- 449.7 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 46 mm throttle body
- Front Suspension
- Showa telescopic inverted coil spring. 305 mm (12 in.) travel.
- Front Brakes
- 260 mm disc with dual-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® KYB single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed and high-speed; 312 mm (12.3 in.) travel
- Rear Brakes
- 240 mm disc
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 118.2 kg (260.6 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.5 L
- 1,477 mm (58.1 in.)
- Ground Clearance
- 328 mm (12.9 in.)
- Seat Height
- 959 mm (37.8 in.)
- Close-ratio, five speed
- Final Drive
- #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/50T
- Extreme Red
- No warrranty