2017 Honda NM4
Finance Rates from 2.9%-24mo / 3.9%-36mo / 4.9%-48mo / 5.49%-60mo OAC (Rates available for a limited time only)
- Conserves resources: Designed to be light, compact, extremely stingy on fuel and to conserve resources during manufacturing, the liquid-cooled, inline-twin engine incorporates numerous advanced and patented technologies.
- Strong acceleration for city driving: To ensure strong acceleration, ease-of-use in the city and a relaxed character on the highway, the engine delivers exceptionally strong low-rpm performance. The unique design creates a muscular, easy-to-use powerband.
- An engine that connects with sense: To give the engine a satisfying and distinctive sound and feel, engineers thought way outside the box. Twin balance shafts counteract vibration from higher rpm inertia, making the engine feel more refined, yet still with the distinct "throb" delivered by its 270° firing order. The intake-port layout was carefully designed to create an intentional interference between adjacent ports, resulting in subtle combustion variations. In addition, the timing for the opening and closing of the intake valves was set differently for each cylinder. The result? An engine that connects with the senses.
- Confidence-inspiring handling: The engine’s inline cylinders are canted forward to help create a low overall centre of gravity for nimble, confidence-inspiring handling.
- Exceptional fuel economy: Through the use of friction-reducing technologies, integrated components (such as running the water pump off the camshaft), precise PGM-FI electronic fuel-injection and efficient combustion, the NM4 engine delivers exceptional fuel economy.
- More compact fuel tank: The engine’s efficient use of fuel enables the use of a smaller-volume, more-compact fuel tank that still allows ample riding range while giving engineers extra freedom to re-think the optimal placement of other components.
- Maximized purification efficiency: The exhaust catalytic converter sits directly beneath the exhaust ports and is activated early when the engine starts. This design lets the combustion gas pass through the catalyst while it is at its hottest, thereby maximizing purification efficiency.
- Seamless gear-shifting: The Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) includes two automatic drive modes, normal (D) and sport (S), as well as a manual mode with trigger-style shifting. Offering consistent, fast and seamless gear changes the twin clutches transfer drive from one gear to the next with minimal interruption, reducing gear change shock and pitching of the machine. Gear changes feel direct and smooth.
- Smooth ride with exhilarating road feel: The lightweight, diamond-shaped steel-tube frame was carefully designed to be very sturdy while also allowing just enough flexibility to respond smoothly to changing road surfaces. This "tuned flexibility" produces a smooth ride while also generating a strong feel for what the bike is doing.
- Increased rider confidence: Low seat height of only 650 mm and well placed floorboards put the rider firmly in control, with handlebars just a relaxed reach away. The high leverage handlebars and super-low centre-of-gravity further increase rider confidence.
- Stopping power no matter the weather: Honda’s two-channel ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) provides added confidence during sudden stops or when the road is wet or slippery.
- Excellent suspension & control: Lightweight aluminum swingarm improves suspension reaction and control.
- Chromotherapy at your fingertips: The digital dash changes mood depending on the drive mode selected, with subtle colour changes from grey in Neutral, to light blue in D, to vibrant pink in S, ultimately to aggressive red in manual mode. The rider can also choose between five other tonal ranges of colour - 25 individual colours altogether to personalize their dash.
- Versatile seating positions: The rear pillion seat flips upright when not in use, locking to provide the rider with a secure backrest and an almost fighter-pilot riding position. Its angle can be adjusted through three positions and it slides back/forward 25 mm through four settings, to fine-tune cockpit comfort.
- Concealed storage & recharge station: Convenient storage spaces are concealed in the front bodywork. The left compartment opens with the ignition key and features 1-litre of storage space plus a 12V DC adaptor to recharge personal electronics. The right compartment has 3-litres of storage and opens with the push of a recessed, triangulated button.
- Stylish & brilliant lighting: Lighting is full LED with front indicators built in to the bodywork while the angular headlight is framed with a stylish LED definition line.
- Handsome finish: Matte black paint and componentry is complemented by carefully placed glimpses of burnished aluminum.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled, parallel twin with 55-degree slant angle and 270-degree phase crank
- Displacement: 745 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 77 mm x 80 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: Chain-driven SOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Six-speed Dual-Clutch Transmission with two automatic shift modes and a manual shift mode
- Final Drive: #520 O-ring sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm telescopic fork;100 mm (3.9 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock, Pro-Link swingarm; 100 mm (3.9 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 120/70ZR-18 radial Rear: 200/50ZR - 17 radial
- Brakes: Front: 320 mm single wavy hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper Rear: 240 mm single wavy hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper with ABS
- Seat Height: 650 mm (25.6 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,645 mm (64.8 in.)
- Curb Weight: 255 kg (562 lbs.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 11.6 litres
- Colour: Matte Black Metallic
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
- Engine Type
- Parallel twin with 55-deg. slant angle and 270-deg. phase crank
- 745 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 77 mm x 80 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm telescopic fork;100 mm (3.9 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock, Pro-Link swingarm; 100 mm (3.9 in.) travel
- Front Brakes
- 320 mm single wavy hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 240 mm single wavy hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper with ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR-18 radial
- Rear Tire
- 200/50ZR - 17 radial
- 1,645 mm (64.8 in.)
- Seat Height
- 650 mm (25.6 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 11.6 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 255 kg (562 lb.)
- Six-speed Dual-Clutch Transmission with two automatic shift modes and a manual shift mode
- Final Drive
- #520 O-ring sealed chain
- Matte Black Metallic
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus