2012 Honda CRF450X
Bike is in good condition, was well maintained.
The same bike that wins pro-level enduro events is also the perfect choice for trail riding with your friends. That’s the beauty of the Honda CRF450X. Sure, it makes huge power, thanks to a 449 cc liquid-cooled Unicam four-stroke engine with electric start that’s tuned to produce strong low-end and midrange performance to help tame the toughest terrain. And of course the chassis has all the latest go-fast goodies, including a light but strong twin-spar aluminum frame, fully adjustable Showa inverted cartridge fork, Honda Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD), and trail-smoothing Pro-Link rear suspension. But it’s the way that the engine and chassis work together to produce such a predictable, confidence-inspiring ride that sets the CRF450X apart. Power and handling – it’s a combination that both pros and weekend warriors can appreciate.
- Neatly tucked away behind the front number plate, the Honda Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD) makes a huge difference in your ability to hold the line in corners. Rebuildable, and with up to 15 clicks of adjustment, HPSD also allowed engineers to reduce steering offset and shorten wheelbase for an amazingly nimble feel. You get the best of both worlds: improved manoeuvrability, and uncanny cornering control.
- Semi-double-cradle twin-spar aluminum frame features a single large-diameter tapered downtube. Two rugged box-section rails attach to the base of the downtube and support the engine. A forged aluminum steering head provides a compact and extremely durable mount for the frame spars and engine downtube. In addition, tall swingarm pivot plates and narrow frame spars create a narrow overall frame cross-section for superb rider comfort and manoeuvrability.
- The aluminum frame design is matched to rider ergonomics to maximize handling and control.
- Swingarm features a dual-axis, double-taper design with a large cast-aluminum cross-member offering high strength and light weight.
- 18-inch rear wheel features the same lightweight rear hub and HRC works-type lightweight aluminum spoke nipples as used on CRF450R.
- Front wheel features large-diameter front axle and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity.
- Rear-axle diameter of 25 mm and large-diameter bearings provide optimum rigidity to withstand torturous off-road conditions.
- Lightweight 47 mm inverted Showa twin-chamber cartridge fork with aluminum dampers is derived from the CRF450R and features settings unique to the CRF450X. The fork offers 315 mm (12.4 inches) of travel, 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability. The inner surface of the front fork outer-tubes receives the same honing treatment as works bikes for low-friction operation.
- Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension system features a fully adjustable Showa rear damper and 313 mm (12.3 inches) of wheel travel, separate low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns) compression damping adjusters, and 17-position rebound damping adjustment.
- Rear shock damper piston diameter is 50 mm for consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
- Compact twin-piston front brake caliper, anodized aluminum brake pistons and lightweight front brake disc minimize unsprung weight for improved turning and handling.
- HRC works-type rear brake system integrates the rear master cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the need for a remote master cylinder reservoir and hose assembly.
- 240 mm wave-style front and rear brake rotors reduce unsprung weight.
- All plastic body components (radiator shroud, side covers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender, and front headlight) are designed for slimmer, more aggressive styling and light weight.
- One-piece cover protects the throttle cable by keeping out dirt and water.
- Airbox features easy access to reusable foam air filter.
- Resettable, easy-to-read, three-digit odometer.
- Powerful 35-watt halogen headlight produces a wide range of illumination.
- Integrated LED taillight in rear fender.
- Convenient sidestand integrated into left footpeg bracket can be easily removed for competition events.
- Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider's legs at the narrowest cross-section of the frame for improved comfort and handling.
- Seat cushion uses foam construction that follows the shape of the fuel tank, providing a smooth transition to increase rider mobility and comfort.
- Non-slip seat cover for increased rider control.
- Rear-brake pedal and shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to complement the riding position.
- Wide, cleated, stainless-steel footpegs are self-cleaning, resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
- Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- Works-type handlebar grips add to rider comfort.
- Adjustable front brake lever.
- Hot-start lever conveniently located on clutch perch.
- Quick-adjust clutch perch.
- Chain guide material offers durable wear resistance, and service life is five times greater than conventional materials.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Displacement: 449 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio: 12:1
- Valve Train: Unicam, four-valve
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin 40 mm flat-slide carb with throttle position sensor
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/51T
- Front Suspension: 47 mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustment; 315 mm (12.4 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustment, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 313 mm (12.3 in.) travel
- Tires: 80/100 - 21 front; 110/100 - 18 rear
- Brakes: Front 240 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear 240 mm disc
- Ground Clearance: 345 mm (13.6 in.)
- Seat Height: 963 mm (37.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,480 mm (58.3 in.)
- Curb Weight: 122 kg (269 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 7.2 L, including 1.6-L reserve
- Colour: Extreme Red
- Warranty: No warrranty
- Powerful four-stroke 449 cc liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam engine is designed to produce power across a wide rpm band.
- Electric starter drives the clutch side of the crankshaft to provide superior lubrication of starter gears, and produce a narrow engine with a short, strong crankshaft.
- Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompressor system provides superb cold-starting and hot-starting operation.
- Unicam valve train provides the light weight of a compact single-cam design and the optimum combustion chamber shape for maximum power.
- Unicam valve train features a carburized single camshaft that directly actuates two 35 mm titanium intake valves. The camshaft exhaust lobe actuates two 30 mm steel exhaust valves via a forked, low-friction, roller rocker-arm.
- Lightweight titanium intake valves permit use of smaller valve springs, reducing overall engine height.
- Crankshaft is made of high-strength, low-carbon steel with carburized main journals for maximum durability at sustained high-rpm operation.
- Clutch cover and cylinder head cover are made of magnesium to reduce engine weight.
- Forged 12:1-compression slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
- Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes an updated big-end needle bearing and thrust washers for maximum high-rpm performance and durability.
- Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler and quieter operation for extended engine life.
- Press-fitted aluminum spark plug pipe fits between forked exhaust rocker arms, further contributing to compact cylinder head design.
- 40 mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in very light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
- Carburetor features a throttle position sensor (TPS) and an accelerator pump that help maintain linear throttle response throughout the rpm range.
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil, and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
- Vertically split crankcases feature a built-in oil pump, reducing weight compared to a conventional design.
- Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless steel exhaust header and muffler equipped with a spark arrester.
- Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared to conventional dual-radiator design. Coolant recovery tank is located in front of the engine between the frame downtubes for improved centre of gravity. Coolant tank is protected by a plastic skid plate.
- Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. Eight clutch plates provide the surface area necessary to handle the engine's massive torque, while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
- T-ring-sealed chain is stronger and approximately 1.6 mm narrower than conventional chains.
- Durable and versatile five-speed wide-ratio transmission.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke, Unicam, four-valve
- 449 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin 40 mm flat-slide carb with throttle position sensor
- Front Suspension
- 47 mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustment; 315 mm (12.4 in.) travel
- Front Brakes
- 240 mm disc with dual-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- 80/100 - 21
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload, 17-position rebound damping adjustment, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 313 mm (12.3 in.) travel
- Rear Brakes
- 240 mm disc
- Rear Tire
- 110/100 - 18
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 122 kg (269 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.2 L, including 1.6 L reserve
- 1,480 mm (58.3 in.)
- Ground Clearance
- 345 mm (13.6 in.)
- Seat Height
- 963 mm (37.9 in.)
- Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/51T
- Extreme Red